Thursday, March 16, 2006

From London

London Bridge, Shakespeare's Globe, Tower of London

Today it was hyde park, st paul's cathedral. Miranda walked all 530 steps to the top.

Mary poppins on teh West end was WONDERFUL. Had tears in my eyes for most of the show. I'm just a sap.

gotta go out of time.

(Later Friday)

Okay, I have a bit more time, but not much. I have kids, after all. ..but last night I had an internet limit. 9 pence a minute. I put in 50p and got my money's worth.

So this morning, Friday, we walked Hyde Park, saw Westminster Abbey, Parliament, Big Ben (the clock, not the bear) and the changing of the guard. And since it's St. Patty's Day, we saw something special, apparently, but I didn't really understand what it was. Apparently the Princess Royal (50p to whomever can tell me who THAT is) was officiating. Lots of Pomp and Circumcision.

While in London, we had 50 degree and sunny the first day (at the Tower and the Globe), rainy the second day, snowy this morning, and sunny this afternoon as we took the train back to Catworth where, tonight, Jay and I will share a pint or two of their local syrup (it's not maple, as far as I can tell) in celebrations of Patrick the Sainted.

We'll run early in the morning, along the British public foot paths, and take the kids out chasing sheep while the elderwomen among us visit Ely Cathedral. It's not Kiwishawi lodge, but a 1,000 year old cathedral after which the cathedral in "Pillars of the Earth" was ;modeled. So they'll enjoy that sans kids, and Jay and I will enjoy the mud with the kids.

Right now they're all praciting seeing the sheep, but crawling around on all 4's bleating.

Just glad they're not bleeding. AT least not yet. They are kids, after all. Anything could happen.

So, we'll be home late Sunday.

Cheers.

The Placid One.

1 comment:

nutuba said...

Hey PlacidQuake, this sounds like a great trip! Spouse and I stayed in Stratford-upon-TheAvonLady once upon a time and really enjoyed it; and yep we visited Warwick Castle too. I agree it would be a great hide-n-seek place (or perhaps sardines :-). It's also mentioned in a book I wrote (but haven't published yet) about Ape Boy Cooper. Hmmmm, maybe it's time ...